Thursday, November 02, 2006

Poster girl

It was the hate crime campaign poster launch last night at New Scotland Yard. We were honoured by such dignitaries as the RFU President Bob Rogers and the Deputy Assistant Commissioner Rose Fitzpatrick, oh and a few Steelers too. It was a successful event and the publicity just keeps rolling on… BBC, Radio 4, Five Live (I did an interview for them on Tuesday, I love doing radio), Pink News, Gaydar, Pink Paper, Evening Standard, the Sunday Times and there was someone from the press association there as well...
The Met put out a few bottles of vino and quite a nice spread that people fell on – most of them not having had a morsel since lunch. I managed far too many glasses of white (I’m such a slapper for free booze) and then joined a few others in a nearby pub. I’m glad the whole thing is over; it was a hard job, but undeniably a very important one.

I hope it makes a difference. I hope someone does see the poster and thinks twice about not reporting a hate crime…

This morning I had to go to the dentist. Boo. My partner made the appointment and came in with me. The dentist was lovely, very gentle and she wasn’t at all perturbed by the look of sheer terror on my face and the newly acquired claw marks in her chair. I had two x-rays and my teeth seem to be in good nick. I’ve got a hygienist appointment in a couple of weeks. It does seem a bit odd to pay someone to clean your teeth for you… I’ve managed quite well until now. All in all though it wasn’t a bad experience and she really was very good at her job, understanding my phobia and doing her best not to make it worse.

Now I just want to get home and walk the dog. I need to do some hazard perception training tonight and build a mini greenhouse. After the glamour of the launch, the reality and comfort of domesticity…

(Can't seem to upload the poster - will try again from home.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home