Monday, December 18, 2006

More cheese Pluto?

LAST WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS!! Sorry, just a bit excited about the whole thing really…

Friday the missus and I drove out to Downe again (where we bought our Christmas tree) and had some tasty pub grub in the local. Not drinking alcohol – I was driving and my partner decided not to drink either – meant our bill for two main courses and two desserts was ridiculously cheap. She also bought me some birthday tulips (we both love tulips and indeed, they were the first flowers I ever bought her), which are looking absolutely gorgeous on our Christmas table.

Saturday we spent too much at the supermarket, did the recycling and listened to my new CD’s (Whitney Houston, Snow Patrol and Capercaillie – all very different, all very brilliant) and in the evening we went to a friend’s party. It was fun; again I drove so I was on the coke and frankly after three cans of the stuff was sugared off my tits. We caught up with some old friends, chatted to a few new ones and nibbled at the General’s ham…

(Actually I was rather taken with his mini crème brule’s.)

Sunday we worked up a hell of sweat doing the house work. Not even Whitney singing ‘love is a contact sport’ made cleaning our bloody carpet any more fun. Anyway, we were having friends over in the evening and so we pulled out all the stops and the house looked / looks lovely. We met our friends in the park – with their dogs – and then headed back to ours where we ate cheese and biscuits and cake (including home made cupcakes!) and drank lots and lots of wine. The dogs were generally very well behaved (as were the owners) except shock, horror, Pluto let us down badly… he went in the kitchen and raided all the cheese that was left including an extremely hot and spicy one called Mexicana with jalapeño peppers and a rather smelly one called Roquefort (not sure that is the correct spelling). I was pretty annoyed it has to be said, he doesn’t do that sort of thing normally but obviously he was showing off in front of his mates Charlie, Murphy and Caffrey. Anyway, he had a bit of a sore tum this morning! And I’m sorry but it serves him right!

And now after all that, it’s Monday again and I’m back in the office. Misery STILL isn’t talking to me. Something of a blessing it has to be said although her face is curdling my Christmas cheer.

I should crack on really… I have a massage booked tonight and so am leaving early. Hurrah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home