Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas (lunch) is cancelled

Just realised you can see the dog at the bottom of the picture of our indoor tree, and some presents! All presents I’ve bought for other people… I’ve gone a bit mad this year but I love buying presents. I love getting them, don’t get me wrong, but I honestly do think I derive as much pleasure from buying and giving as well.
Anyway, my misery guts colleague is still not speaking. Bothered. But sad news, we were having our Christmas lunch today (misery already said she wasn’t coming) but I’m now having to cancel it. My boss is ill – to put that in context she hasn’t had a day off sick in about 5 years. And the head of HR tragically lost his father last night. Puts everything into perspective really. Anyway, I’ve just spoken to everyone who was going and it was agreed we need to cancel.

On a slightly lighter note, I’ve just had to do a presentation for the executive and it went very well. It’s at times like that when you get reminded that actually, you’re pretty good at your job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home