Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Less sucky still...

Well it’s been a better day, although my knees are bad. Worse than usual I mean. I’m reduced to hobbling around. I badly need to rest up this weekend because clearly I overdid it on holiday. From a work point of view… I’ve done some! Actually I’ve done quite a lot today which is pleasing.

Some potential bad news. We thought we had found a venue for the wedding and finally I got to speak to the people today but there is another couple booked in for the weekend we want and in fact the venue is booked up from May to September next year! However, the couple haven’t paid their deposit and if they don’t by the end of the week the booking will fall through. Which seems sad for them but potentially fotuitous for us! Also, the venue isn’t yet licensed for civil partnerships but, by coincidence, they are meeting with the registrar next week to discuss getting said license. So until I can speak to them again next Friday it’s all up in the air. That said (she says determined to stay positive) if there are set-backs – and I’m sure there will be – better to happen now rather than much further down the line!

Anyway, I have things to do before I hobble back to the car for my long commute home. Tomorrow we have another hospital appointment for mum which I’m not looking forward to, but onwards and upwards… even if it is with a limp…

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home