Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday morning malaise



This morning Pluto, Bess and I had trouble getting going. (They still haven’t got going. They’re both asleep on the sofa.) We had a lovely weekend, entertained all three parents, made and ate some good food, watched a great movie (Be Kind Rewind) and took the dogs on a couple of nice walks… and then Monday came around.

It was sad seeing my partner go off to work this morning, I realise there may be other issues (such as her leaving reminds me that I don’t have a job!) but we always have such great weekends and it would be nice if they lasted a bit longer…

I finished Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and am halfway through Mike’s Election Guide 08, Michael Moore’s guide to the American elections. Very funny, acerbic, enlightening and painfully accurate – I say painful because some of the worst people that hold office, don’t just wake up and find themselves as politicians, we put them there... Shame on us!

After this (it’s not a particularly long book and I’m a fast reader) I can’t wait to start on David Simon’s massive book, Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets. Simon’s was the first reporter ever to gain unlimited access to a homicide unit (in Baltimore). He is also the creator of the smash-hit series, The Wire.

But as tempting as it is to spend the day reading, I need to job hunt. I’ve gone for a couple of jobs, but I need to start stepping up the job search. The money won’t last for ever and as Pluto and Bess will testify, chew toys and dog treats need to be paid for!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home