Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Sofa trauma

Today is all about the little jobs, post office, bank, car wash, that sort of thing. I’m driving down to Cornwall at about 9.30 tomorrow morning so I have to make sure everything gets done today. I also need to hide a stereo! My partner and I love listening to music but we don’t really have a very decent stereo. Not only that, we don’t have one at all in the lounge which means the TV by default, tends to dominate. So I splashed out on a lovely horizontal loading Phillips, which I have to somehow smuggle down to the cottage (not tomorrow but when we go down for Christmas) and set up without my partner seeing, so that we can listen to music when we go down! It sounds a little complicated I know, but I thought it would be a nice surprise. I’ll have to make sure we pack the Christmas CD! We only have the one... you can have too much of a good thing!!

The dogs are back on the sofa after what was, for them, a traumatic 48 hours. I decided to wash the sofa cushion covers and throw and so I wouldn’t let them get on the couch. In the vernacular of Vicky Pollard they kept giving me evils, as well as the occasional desperate whine, because I could sit on it but they couldn’t. As I patiently explained, when they can afford to buy their own sofa, they can do what they like, but until then, we call the shots. When eventually they could get back on, Bess (who suffered the most and I use the word in the loosest sense) fell into a very deep sleep and stayed asleep until I woke her up for bed!

My partner is away on business (she left Monday morning) and doesn’t get back until Wednesday, long after I’ve left for Cornwall and I don’t get back till Thursday. It sounds a bit soft, but it’s the longest we’ve been apart for years and we’re not enjoying it much. I think it’s healthy to miss someone though and it reminds you of how much you like being together which is nice. I’m making a stew on Thursday night when we’re all back home together. Only one problem, I’ve never made a stew before!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home