Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Christmassy

Yesterday was very Christmassy. I opened the first window on my advent calendar. I wrapped most of the presents (the rest I’m wrapping today) and I posted our cards, including to such exotic locales as Australia, New Zealand, the United States, France, Germany and Slough...

And it’s only 23 days to my birthday. I will be 35 on Christmas day! So it’s perhaps not surprising that I love December so much!

We heard back from the surveyor last night – a few small issues but otherwise the cottage is in very good order. Not surprising really, it was built in 1847 and it strikes me that the older the building the better quality, and more solid it is. Our mortgage company called to say they are also fairly confident about completing on time as well. So whoever is keeping their fingers crossed for us, thank you, its working! We’ve also now agreed what furniture we want to buy including the impressive dining room table and chairs – hand made locally in Cornwall I believe.

So now I have to crack on with my job application which, I was supposed to do last weekend. Now unless I do it today, I miss the deadline....no more excuses!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home