Thursday, November 20, 2008

Champagne and toilet seats

The toilet seat is fixed!

My partner burst through the door last night and announced that our mortgage had been approved! So we opened up a bottle of champagne, made a lovely meal and did chores. Well, I did some laundry and she applied her considerable intellect into fixing the rogue toilet seat. And occasionally we squealed, hugged each other and had more champagne!

About five minutes before she got home, she got the call – and the decision – we had been waiting for all day!

Today I sorted out the survey and am just about to call the solicitor (he sends emails and letters longer than some novels I’ve read). And on Wednesday I have Pickfords coming round to do something called a home survey. That’s where they assess exactly what you want packed/moved and then provide an accurate quote. If we complete before Christmas we’re thinking of going down for a couple of days to camp at the cottage. It would certainly be a birthday to remember (I’m 35 on Christmas day!) We might not have heating or electricity but it should still be fun!

I’ve always wanted to own my own place but like a lot of people faced with spiralling house prices, I thought we would only be able to get what the American’s call a ‘fixer-upper’. To think we might soon be the very proud owners of a gorgeous cottage is very surreal...

Anyway, things to do and all that. Keep sending good thoughts and crossing your fingers. House buying is not known for its similarity to walking in the park...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home