Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Good morning world...

I couldn’t sleep so I decided to get up and start my day, even though it was only 4.30. I was thinking about houses and job interviews, and a million other things and just couldn’t relax enough to doze off. Still, it’s not all bad. I’ve polished my boots, and my interview shoes, I’ve done some laundry, printed out my presentation (including copies for the panel) and other stuff I need whilst we’re away, I’ve fed the dogs and done the washing up. And as my partner had to be up at 5.30 (she’s away to Leicester on business), I got to have a coffee with her and say a nice goodbye. Although I have discovered she is quite grumpy when she has to get up before 6am...

I’ve also discovered that with the noble exception of MASH, there is bugger all on telly that early in the morning, although I was almost tempted by the intriguingly titled “Beauty Queens Gone Wrong”.

No doubt I’ll be in desperate need of a nap by 3pm but I’m going to try and resist so that I sleep really well tonight. I do, after all, have over 6 hours of driving to do on Wednesday - first to Cornwall and then to Devon.

Bess and Pluto are a little alarmed at the flurry of early morning activity and so have decided to face their day by not facing it at all, choosing instead to go back to sleep, this time on the sofa.

Right now the best thing I can do is shower and have breakfast and then I may actually venture out into the world (even though it’s so windy it’s been setting off car alarms!)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home