Sunday, November 09, 2008

Preperation, preperation, preperation...

I’ve not really felt like blogging much recently. It’s been a difficult time and I’ve been concentrating on jobs applications. The good news is I have three really strong applications in at the moment. The even better news is that I already have an interview! Down in Exeter next Thursday – I shall be working on my presentation today. I couldn’t do it yesterday, the rugby was on! I’m hopeful that I shall get at least one other interview as well. My partner is coming down to Exeter with me on Wednesday night and we’ve booked into a gorgeous and very luxurious farm B&B.

My partner and I (and the dogs!) escaped to the New Forest on Friday. She is convalescing, so it was good to get away. I made a picnic (yes it was cold and wet but we ate in the car and it was very cosy!), took the dogs on a long walk and then went for a drink in a lovely pub with a roaring fire, which was very welcome. We ended the day in Mudeford where we got to use the car kettle that my mum bought us. We sat on the quay, had a cuppa and watched the moon on the water. It was very magical.

My Christmas campaign has reached new heights of efficiency. I have quite literally bought every single present. Every single one! We’ll need to start writing cards soon as well. I have a strange tradition of sending all my cards on December 1st. My partner takes all this in her stride but my excitement and yuletide planning skills are a foreign country to her. She would, if left alone, do all her shopping Christmas week, send out a few cards and generally go with the flow. But being a gracious and generous soul (as well as beautiful and kind) she lets me take up the reins and get far too excited and far too organised. It’s not that she doesn’t like Christmas, she does, very much. But sometimes you just have to let other people like it more!

We even have some decorations up! Actually, that’s not true, I picked some holly in the New Forest on Friday and it’s on the mantelpiece looking rather splendid and festive. Not sure it will last till Christmas but I’m calling it a winter decoration anyway...

There’s been lots going on – some of which I choose not to blog about – but I remain as ever stubbornly optimistic and hopeful. It helps that I am madly in love with my wife. I am not one of those ridiculous people that believe you have to be in a couple to achieve happiness and fulfilment, nonsense. Those things must come from within if you’re ever going to share your life with anyone anyway. But if you do choose to commit to someone, the unfairness and hardness that occasionally even the luckiest people have to face, does feel a little more manageable with someone you love by your side.

Today I plan to make some blueberry muffins, walk the dogs and do a killer presentation for my job interview. There’s also laundry to sort, dinner to make and rugby highlights to watch, better get on with it...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home