Thursday, October 16, 2008

Who knows!

I had my interview yesterday, and honestly, I don’t know how it went. For some reason I was incredibly nervous which didn’t help. Some answers I was bang on, other answers...

It was the hardest interview I’ve ever done. I wouldn’t be surprised if I didn’t get it – I am missing a qualification they want, but they still seem really interested in my skills and experience. So who knows!?

After the interview in Bristol I headed to the Cotswolds to stay the night with a friend. It was lovely to see him. We had dinner in the pub and caught up on all the news. I also picked up my Toledo Mud Hens (baseball) t-shirt that his partner got for me in the States. (I’m wearing it now, very cool!)

Our friend is moving over to Baltimore for six months next year (his partner - who got me the tee - is currently out there working until next July) so I spoke to the missus last night and we might try and plan a trip in the new year, which will be fantastic if it happens.

Today before heading back home I decided to go to Bath for the morning. It’s one of my favourite cities and I have a soft spot for the Bath rugby team as well (who incidentally I saw training at their training ground and I was so excited I almost swerved off the road!) I went for a lovely veggie breakfast and then had an amble round the shops and admired the autumn foliage; which was stunning. I didn’t spend much (very unlike me) but I did buy a present for my partner and a little something for her grandmother as well. Then I headed back to the car via the river. It was such a beautiful morning and I really enjoyed the couple of hours I spent there. Then it was back in the wagon and home. I got back to two very excited dogs and a big box from the Open University. It was my course materials! (I’m doing a course in Environmental Science so I can apply for environmental jobs – like the job I interviewed for yesterday).

The interview keeps going round in my head and I forgot to ask when I might hear one way or the other. I wonder if I can email and ask? Anyway, I can’t keep over-analysing everything or I’ll go mad, so for now I’m going read through my course book and then later, make dinner for my gorgeous wife...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home