Thursday, October 09, 2008

Wake up fool

I forgot to shut the chickens in last night (they put themselves to bed and then you shut the lid of the run for security). So this morning, upon discovering they were not incarcerated, they decided to come up to the kitchen door and let us know – very vocally – that they were still waiting to be fed and that if we had a shred of decency we would rectify this without any further delays. I sprung out of bed like a demented marsupial and scattered chicken feed outside the kitchen door and silence was instant and golden....

I slept well (even with the chicken wake-up call) and made up for my less than two hours sleep the previous night. I had some VERY weird dreams (they were so weird I had to put the ‘very’ in capital letters). But I feel a 100% better today – the downside is that there’s now no excuse not to do the chores. Especially as we have guests for dinner tonight and tomorrow night and then we’re down to Brighton on Saturday. Oh and did I mention I had a presentation and interview prep to fit in, and two other applications? I feel tired again…

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home