Sunday, October 12, 2008

Food

Thursday night a friend popped over for some soup and a catch up... toward the end of the evening, I made a throw away comment about our laptop being out of order and he got excited because unbeknownst to us; he’s a bit of a computer geek! He took away the laptop and worked on it for a couple of days and guess what I’m typing on now? Yep, he worked some kind of magic and discovered that we had a virus. Although our security was good, it still wasn’t good enough to protect us from a Trojan virus. Anyway, thanks to him everything is cleaned up and functioning really well!

Friday we had more friends over for dinner (spicy bean pie – courtesy of Abel and Cole organic grocers – roasted sweet and baby potato, roasted baby turnips and parsnips, steamed broccoli and onion gravy; followed by a strawberry and rhubarb cheesecake. And oodles of wine! Then we played the board game my mum bought me last Christmas – the CSI board game. It was very good! I was leading until one of our friends got a good throw and the opportunity to say who the moiderer was! I had known who it was from almost the beginning of the game. (It was a particular word that gave it away!) But you need to land on the relevant square before you can get a shot at guessing the perpetrator so even if you know early on you can’t say who you think it is until toward the end of the game...

Yesterday we went down to Brighton to see the in-laws and my partner’s grandmother. It was a lovely day even though we were clearing out her grandfather’s room (who passed away just before the wedding.)

Today we’ve had a perfect day – and we treated ourselves to a lovely breakfast at the Blue Mountain cafe this morning. Tonight, organic steak stir fry! Have you noticed I keep talking about food on my blog? Anyone would think I was pregnant... although in my case that would be a miracle birth! ;0)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home