Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bond

I did end up getting out of bed after all. My partner took me out on a date to cheer me up – dinner and a movie. And she didn’t even wince when I choose James Bond! To be fair, she did enjoy the last one and it turned out that she enjoyed Quantum as well. It’s fab. Lots of explosions, fights, chases etc., etc. Interesting how Bond has always reflected society’s fears – Russians, nuclear power, rogue states, terrorism, media and now environmentalism and oil. Daniel Craig makes a fabulous Bond not just because frankly the man is gorgeous, and I say that as someone who takes another bus entirely, but because as polished and as adept as he is, he is the first to ever really show how flawed and damaged the character is. Which makes for the most interesting and engaging Bond ever. In my humble opinion that is... I’m sure uber Bond fans may agree/disagree with a passion and ferocity that makes me want to suggest they get a job, but regardless, I’m already looking forward to the next film!

My only criticism is you never see a Hyundai in a Bond film. Broccoli family take note...

Today we’re off to the Country Living Christmas fair, it was my mum’s birthday present as she loves stuff like that. And I must admit I share a huge weakness for craft and Christmas fairs. I shall try not to spend too much money, but don’t count on it...

Final word, COME ON ENGLAND!!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home