Thursday, November 13, 2008

Devon

We’re in the middle of Devon near a place where you would be forgiven for thinking that a huge battle between the Scottish and English might have taken place in 1746. You’d be wrong of course, that was Culloden, this is Cullompton. Easy mistake to make!

We saw a gorgeous sunrise this morning and have just had a lovely breakfast at Newcourt Barton B&B. Nice rooms and Wi-Fi too. It was a little further away from Exeter than we realised but otherwise it’s perfect.

Yesterday we saw the house I mentioned in a previous entry and we’ve decided to put an offer in! It was as lovely as the pictures suggested. 3 beds, dining room, living room, sun room, great location... we would have liked a bigger garden and a slightly bigger bathroom but these are minor issues and there are far more boxes ticked than unticked...

Buying a house seems very daunting and already we’ve made several phone calls soliciting advice, but I think the idea is you just have to throw yourself into it and hope for the best, which brings me neatly onto my job interview in a couple of hours. I’m less nervous than I was at my last interview so I’ll just throw myself in and try and do my best!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home