Monday, November 17, 2008

Offer accepted!

It’s been a hell of a day. I had to go back to hospital this morning because about 4 weeks ago I had a sore neck and throat and having this lump in my neck (see previous entries), I’ve been advised to let the hospital know about any changes. I set off for my appointment feeling a little gloomy but thankfully, it’s good news – there have been no changes, and my last biopsy has confirmed the lump was benign (I have to have a biopsy every six months so the fun isn’t over yet.)

The doc thinks I had a throat infection and actually my symptoms were nothing to do with Larry the lump...

Then I got home and received a phone call from the estate agents representing the property we’ve put in an offer for. The couple who are selling have not only found a house they want, but they’ve put in an offer and it’s been accepted so they were prepared to drop the price of their house to ensure they could move quickly. We had to increase our offer but it was a fair compromise. I quickly called my partner and we decided we would accept the new price and I called them straight back. The agent is putting a ‘sale agreed’ letter in the post to us today and we have to phone back with all our mortgage info tomorrow. We are on the first step of buying our first ever house, how cool is that! (I was shaking like a leaf for about twenty minutes afterwards!)

Then I saw a really interesting job and thought, I’ll go for that! That was until my eye reached the bottom of the page and saw that the closing date was today. I called personnel and spoke to a really nice woman who said I could have until 5.30pm to submit my application and I did it with about 10 minutes to spare...

So you’ll perhaps understand when I say I am absolutely buggered!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home