Thursday, November 27, 2008

Birthdays and surveys!

The woman from Pickfords came round yesterday and I was impressed. She was friendly and had an air of calmness about her, which when you consider what a stress-head I am about moving, was very welcome. She seemed completely unfazed by our legions of houseplants, a large chicken run and a 200 year old grandfather clock. We haven’t received a quote yet, and I will get at least one more, but Pickfords have made a good impression so far.

The survey on the cottage took place yesterday and so we’re waiting to receive the report, which should be sent sometime next week. Ironically, our letting agent (for the flat we live in now) called me a couple of days ago to ask whether a surveyor could come round this morning. Our owners might be re-mortgaging or selling, but either way it seems to be a sign that this is a good time to move on.

I’m planning my partner’s birthday. Its February next year and it will be her 30th. I’m potentially planning 3 events: dinner with friends in Cornwall, ‘birthday/we’re leaving London!’ drinks in London and a weekend in Berlin. Although all this planning – as enjoyable as it is – might need to be put on hold because I have another job application to do by tomorrow and some errands to run. Boring but necessary!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home