Monday, November 24, 2008

Cambridge

We had a great time in Cambridge. It was lovely to see our friends and their 2 year old son who is already a very charming young man. They’ve just bought a house, and with us in the process of buying, you can imagine what we talked about over a lovely dinner and a couple of bottles of wine!

Today my partner had a work meeting in Cambridge and our hosts also had to work so I was free to go into the city centre and explore. My partner went to Cambridge so I went along to Kings (her college) and stared in tourist like awe at the chapel and stunning architecture of the buildings. It makes my university look very ugly indeed! (Although to be fair, it was a pretty ugly campus even if you didn’t compare it to the splendour of Cambridge!)

I like Cambridge very much, nice bars and cafes, good shops, lovely second hand bookstores and of course, gorgeous buildings. It was a shame my partner couldn’t show me round today, but it’s an excuse to go back of course.

Now I’m back and shivering, the heating has been off for two days and the house is like an ice box. I’m waiting for the dogs to come home (they stayed with their boarding mum last night) and then I need to start thinking about making dinner. From the chapel of King's College – the finest and grandest example of late medieval Gothic architecture in England and the evocative Bridge of Sighs to... Sydenham, South East London! It’s amazing how far you can travel in a day!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home