Monday, December 01, 2008

Ding dong the bells are going to chime!

Two of our dearest friends are getting married and I’m very excited. I’m an old romantic and I think marriage is brilliant! They got engaged tonight and over the coming days, weeks and months, I presume they will set a date. We actually set a date quite quickly; we thought a year was perfect, not so long that you’re forever waiting, but not so quick that we couldn’t save the money we needed.

Ironic isn’t it, there are people in the world that will tell you that gay marriage or civil partnerships are fundamentally wrong, and I think I could counter that with a pretty intelligent, compelling and persuasive argument that not only is gay marriage not wrong, but that those that claim it is, are flawed human beings implicit in the fragmentation and disengagement of society and the abuse of young people. But I won’t bang on about all that now, I will simple pose the question, when are adult relationships based on love and happiness, trust and respect ever wrong?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home