Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Special hat

I wore my ‘special hat’ into work today. It’s faffed up my hair but I’m dry and you can’t have everything. I got home yesterday had ribs, coleslaw and curly fries (yum!), watched Murder, She Wrote and then went to bed. A perfect evening, except I felt so tired I didn’t have much choice about going to bed so early. I feel a bit more lively today but then it helps I’ve got a very clear idea of what I need to do workwise…

It’s grey and windy and wet and there has been another severe weather warning in dear old Blighty. There are some parts of the country that could rightly claim to feel a little beleaguered at the moment such is the intensity of the weather. The floods still haven’t receded in some areas and now there’s more rain on the way. My ‘special hat’ is turning out to be a remarkably astute buy… shame there’s not a giant size one that could cover Gloucester…

Its pay day tomorrow and I’m feeling pathetically grateful. We’ve overspent this month and it’s been a little tight to say the least. Although I have another penalty notice to pay for (‘scuse me while I spit bullets). The SAME box junction as my last penalty notice! Now you could draw the conclusion that I’m a careless driver, which I feel is very unfair because I like driving and I am very good at driving, but that junction is hell. It needs much better traffic management and to prove that its not me just being a bit of a doofus I’m going to be writing to Transport for London and asking how much they make from that junction alone. I suspect – at rush hours – they are making thousands of pounds a day. Which is why they won’t change anything because it’s money for old rope. Sour grapes perhaps, but the congestion leading up to Battersea Bridge is hideous, and with traffic stopping suddenly, and pulling across from both directions, delivery lorries reducing what little space there is already, it’s not surprisingly that people are getting caught out. (Incidentally each time the camera shows that I am not ‘parked’ in the box junction, but that I am just a fraction over…)

I really am a bit tired of my commute I have to be honest – car accidents and penalty notices and traffic jams. Bleugh.

Anyway to end on a more pleasant note, the wedding invites are being sent to the printers today! I can’t wait to post them out!!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home