Saturday, October 20, 2007

Countdown...

We have friends staying the weekend, who we haven't seen since our hols in Scotland in June, so it was a lot of fun catching up last night over homemade stew, fresh homemade bread and ale!

Everyone apart from me had a big day today. Our friends are flathunting, whilst my partner is doing an 11 mile sponsored walk to raise funds for a friend's university fees (www.sidalidonations.net), so I have the house to myself. I got up extra early to make them all a nice breakfast: eggs, tomatoes, hash browns and toast; apple juice and coffee! (Now I've just got to do the washing up!)

I'm resting my knees which were so bad yesterday I had to cancel my trip to foal farm. Nice start, my first day and I can't even turn up!

It's been a day categorised by deliveries. I had to pick one up today, and then have been waiting in for another one to arrive (which did arrive 20 mins ago). At least I now have a great new pair of jeans (which will go very well with my England shirt!) to watch the match tonight.

Ah, the match... I'm so nervous I'm not sure how I can even bear to watch, but I will, of course. Let's hope the rugby beer I bought (specially brewed for the World Cup) will help calm my nerves...

So all that remains is to say COME ON ENGLAND, STUFF THE SAFFAS! Lol... hope everyone enjoys the match, whoever you're supporting.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home