Monday, November 26, 2007

Wasps win

I had such a great weekend, but I’m having a shit Monday morning! I’m not going to go into everything that has gone wrong this morning – why should you be depressed as well? But I want this day to be over or start over.

Anyway, the rugby yesterday was fantastic. It was my partner’s first game and luckily it was a very exciting one! 7 tries in all and we hammered the Falcons 35-12. Although Newcastle did score twice through Golding and Wilson (who was then sin-binned) and it’s always great seeing a player like Tait who unfortunately for the Falcons passed up a sure try by not passing and getting hovered up by the Wasps defence. If he’d flicked the ball out, I think it would definitely have gone over. Riki Flutey scored first for the Wasps followed by Sackey and Cipriani (man of the match) who got two a piece. It was bitterly cold but a great atmosphere. I ended up buying the Wasps European shirt and said a tearful goodbye to £50. My only comfort was knowing (a) it looked great! (b) rugby jerseys never die, they lose shape, fade, get torn but they last forever!

Yesterday evening we went upstairs for drinks with the boys. We were really hungry after the match – we hadn’t eaten since breakfast – so we picked up a burger and chips just before we got home. The boys had said they would be laying on a few nibbles, but I didn’t imagine it would be as impressive a spread as it turned out. They’d bought about 95% of M&S’s new party food range! At first I thought I wouldn’t be able to eat a thing, but I should have known that wouldn’t last and we both ended up tucking in. And it was so nice! I’ll be buying some of it for Christmas…

It was lovely catching up with them and we drank far too much wine*. Luckily my partner made me drink a pint of water before bed and I woke up fairly hangover free but still bloody knackered. Good night though, good weekend actually.

Now I’m bad temperedly making my way through the day, counting the minutes until I can leave. I bought my Euros this morning – that was exciting. But otherwise today, the world is very much conspiring against me… oh well, can’t have everything going my way, I’d be an ungrateful little sod otherwise!

* I must have been drunk, before falling asleep, I think I declared that I was going to buy my partner's 94 year old grandmother a Wasps' scarf...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home