Thursday, November 15, 2007

Welcome home

Morning all, and a very cold morning it is too. We caught up with a friend walking his dog this morning and so we walked round the park together – our dogs don’t really like each other all that much, but we humans get on famously. There was frost on the grass making it look like it had snowed and our breath looked like little chubby clouds.

Today I’m working as a domestic. Our inspection – as previously mentioned – is on Monday and our office and reception look a mess. So today I’m flicking round a duster, recycling everything that can be, and going to Homobase to buy house plants. I’m quite looking forward to it. I get so bored sitting at a desk.

My partner is back today; she’s only been gone two days but it’s been weird. The dog has been looking for her. He laid his head on the bed this morning and stared at where she would normally be and then gave a big sigh! I’ve bought her a lovely present. I can’t tell you what it is because there is a small chance she might read the blog today although she doesn’t as a rule. But it’s fab and it’s practical so you can’t say fairer than that. Of course, she may not like it in but if you buy presents, you must be bold and have a thick skin! (And not take it badly if people don’t like something.) I guarantee that they will love that you tried and when you do get it right you are a present superhero. How would that work? Instead of spidey web stuff shooting out of you wrist, it would be sellotape, instead of seeing through walls, you could look at a present and instantly know how much paper you would need and presumably you would have a sixth sense about what people really, really want… interesting…

The house looks nice, I did the laundry, the washing up and arranged my flowers (the ones sent to me by my bank!) – they filled 3 vases but look and smell divine. So all is well. The family will be reunited and we all have clean underwear. Even the dog. Nice.

I’ve decided on the basis of a 30 second televisual advertisement that I’m buying the new Alan Carr DVD. Still working on that materialistic streak… honest…

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home