Monday, November 05, 2007

Note to self

Further proof that fireworks should be banned (for private sale) – walking the dog in the park this morning; firework debris everywhere, bottles and cans of various cheap alcohol everywhere including broken glass, and a ruined park bench. Someone thought it was a good idea to set a firework off on a bench and it burnt right through destroying the seat of the bench. And God knows what contaminants are now in the air and soil, because what people also forget is how many chemicals are used in fireworks. No, actually, don’t ban them for private sale just make sure everyone that attempts to buy them has to do an IQ test.

My head is all over the place. I can’t stop thinking about the house in Cornwall, do we buy or do we not? Why can’t it be easy; why can’t I get a flash of inspiration; am I making it too difficult; is it really such a good idea to make endless pros and cons and options lists…? What is the worst than can happen?!

ARRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Be still my aching head. Some people say if you don’t know immediately, you shouldn’t buy it. Some people say, if you don’t take your time to make a sensible, rational decision you will buy in haste and suffer (usually financially!) at leisure…

I slept well as did my partner but she dreamt of mortgages and I dreamt of hammering things. This morning I swore when the alarm went off and ignored it for a further half an hour. In the shower I thought, note to self, the next time you drive 600 miles in a day, take the Monday off as well!

We watched Victoria Wood last night, Live at the Apollo and I was crying with laughter, we both were. I’m buying it on DVD because we didn’t see all of it. But I think it was just the thing we needed – sat there with tears rolling down our faces laughing our heads off and probably releasing a lot of pent up stress!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home