Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New homes, new babies...

It’s a gorgeous crisp, bright autumn day in lovely London and all is well. Traffic was ok, the queue in the bank was ok, the croissants that M&S kindly sold me were super and now I’m at my desk…

We’re off to Cornwall to see a house this weekend. How crazy is that?! Still don’t want to go in to too much detail but by jiminy things are moving a-pace. That said, we may see said property and just think no, not for us, not this time… in some ways that would be so much easier! Because if we go OMG, yes, yes, bloody hell yes! We need to get uber organised uber quick.

Some new friends of ours have had a baby and we met him last night. His name is Henry, he is less than one-week old, and he is absolutely amazing. I was particularly taken by his ears and his finger nails. We want to start a family next year and it was lovely to be sat there with him sleeping in first my arms, then my partner’s… I think rugby is a career option (he’s big and tall, with long dextrous fingers), others thought he might be a lounge singer…

This evening we have to fix our old computer which will be tiresome. I can never get excited about techy computer things. I just want them to work and when they don’t I have an overwhelming desire to sulk. Maybe making a nice meal with a glass of wine will help…

Enjoy the sunshine!

PS. My colleague bought myself and another colleague a breast exam glove from Lloyds Pharmacy, they are only about a fiver. 1 in 9 women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime and examining your breasts regularly is crucial. The glove apparently magnifies sensitivity and makes it easier to examine yourself. (There's even a DVD included.) Now I haven't used it yet, but anything that can help to ensure you catch breast cancer early - when it's easier to treat - has got to be a good thing. The question is not why don't you buy one, but why wouldn't you buy one?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home