Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Do clouds take teabreaks?

There was a small white van in front of me this morning – quite grubby (ironic because it turned out to be a cleaning company van) and someone had written in the grey dust “I love rhubarb and custard” which made me smile. So much more original than ‘clean me’ or the one that always makes me giggle ‘I wish my wife were as dirty as this van’.

We found it virtually impossible to get out of bed this morning. I was wondering what my motivation was when I realised that my nice wage and not losing my job were two quite motivating factors. So I rolled out of bed, into the shower and off Pluto and I headed for our morning constitutional…

We got to the park only to find half of it covered in mist and the other half not. It looked like a stratus cloud had stopped to take the weight off, ‘don’t mind me, just taking a breather and checking my map!’ It was, like all morning mist, quite beautiful and eerie, with the sun’s rays being diluted to a milky orange colour, not quite strong enough to reach the other side of this rather strange, roughly elliptical spot of mist.

The autumn colours looked lovely although already losing their crunchy appeal to 33 year olds that still think its fun to kick piles of them and dogs who like to snuffle. There was ice on the windscreen of my car and the air was damp and cold. But all in all it was a good walk with P running up to a complete stranger demanding a cuddle. He just stopped in front of her and leaned on her legs so she leant down and made a fuss until he moved on again rather like a chunky version of the littlest Hobo.

Traffic was ok. I’m listening to Kiss in the morning rather than Radio 1 which I much prefer. I had two home made muffins with butter and a travel cup of coffee and was all things considered, very happy.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home