Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pouring myself a cup of ambition

I’m off to do a bit of photography this afternoon. It was decided that in light of our upcoming inspection it would be nice to have some original framed pictures of our borough and our housing… it’s a lovely day for it, very nice light.

My mood is much better today as well. Could be something to do with getting a little perspective as well as belting out the best of Dolly Parton on my way to work… either way, I’ve already done lots this morning and I feel back in control or back in the saddle as our Dolly might say… (Still think I need a pay rise!)

So it’s confirmed, we’re off to see this house on Saturday in the wilds of Cornwall. We’re also going to check out a place in Devon which seems rather lovely. Although I suspect not as rural which puts me off. But you need to squeeze as much in as possible when you long-distance house hunt.

Today I sent my alarm later than normal and when I went down to the park with the dog, it was chocka with mutts. Most of who know Pluto so he went round with about 8 other dogs, happily sniffing and running around while I chatted to the neighbours. I got to speak to a nice guy who lives one street away – also a gayer; he has two terriers one of which hates Pluto. Absolutely hates him. He went for him twice today and we don’t know why. Of course, being a rescue he may have been attacked by a black dog, developed a pathological hatred, and you wouldn’t know anything about it, but it is so strange. P was very mellow about it. He barked and snarled back but didn’t attack or get upset. He’s so amazing! Anyway, it is a bit of a shame because this guy is lovely but he gets so embarrassed when his dog plays up. I say slap the little bugger with an ASBO and be done with it…

First it was a nice pub and now Sydenham is getting a bit carried away, because we have a brand new, decent coffee shop and deli called the Blue Mountain Café. I almost crashed the car when I saw it for the first time. It looks lovely and we will definitely be going very soon. Nice independent bookshop (service is a bit hit and miss, but what can you do), nice friendly pub, nice coffee shop… who do we think we are?! Dull-wich?

Happy Halloween!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home