Monday, November 12, 2007

Water, water everywhere... grrrr...

It may be a sweeping generalisation but why do overseas companies seem to deliver so efficiently and UK companies don’t? I often order from America, and late last night I ordered from Australia. I received an email early this morning telling me my order had already been dispatched. And yet I ordered something last Thursday (from England) and its still “processing” – actual delivery may take another 14 days! I have ordered from the US and England on exactly the same day before now, and the order from thousands of miles away arrived a week and a half before the one from less than one hundred miles away…

Anyway, there are far more important things to be fretting about, namely water coming through the ceiling. It’s a pre-existing problem (although last time they thought by doing the tiles around the bath that it would fix it, clearly not.) Anyway, I texted the owner of the flat upstairs last night and said in no uncertain terms that I want this fixed today. I think he wanted to take a more relaxed approach to the whole thing. But then he doesn’t have water pouring into his kitchen!

Our friend’s 40th was good fun this weekend. He seemed to have a great time, there was cheesy music, a large chocolate cake and he was surrounded by people that love him – what’s not to like?!

I better get on with some work, especially as I have to leave early to let the builder in who apparently will need access to our flat…

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home