Friday, November 09, 2007

Do nothing

When my boss agreed to me home-working I'm not sure she ever imagined me working in bed eating a jammy dodger with the heating on. But such is the simple beauty of laptops and wireless broadband. But in my defence (do I need one, really?) I am doing a lot of work. I'm just a damn sight more comfortable than if I was in the office. (Just had a coconut biscuit, didn't enjoy it as much... )

We have decided we need a 'doing nothing' holiday. And so that's exactly what we are going to do. We're going to hire a caravan out of season in Cornwall in January, for two weeks, with the dog, and do nothing except crosswords, walking on deserted beaches, cooking, some exploring (not much, we wouldn't want to tire ourselves out), reading the books that Santa brought us and sleeping. There may be wine and real ale involved I couldn't possibly say... but we're tired. We're always on the go. Even our glorious holiday in Scotland (surely one of the most beautiful places on earth? Discuss.) was pretty full on, moving hither and thither (I love that expression). And no, in answer to that unspoken question, we are not going to house hunt. Yes, of course, if a brilliant but unlooked for opportunity arose and we were in 'hood, we would view somewhere, but we don't want to do, we just want to be.

This weekend I have to work on Saturday - they so rarely ask me, that I genuinely don't mind doing a bit extra and in the evening we have a friend's 40 birthday to celebrate. Talking of celebrating birthdays, Paris is just around the corner (Dec 3) my mum's 60th birthday present. I'm so excited and really looking forward to leaving from St. Pancreas. It'll be like the old movies, when stations were grand, imposing structures; gateways to adventure... not like now when they are grim and dirty; cold edifaces of practicality and frustration.

Anyway, I'd better crack on, if I do everything I'm supposed to, I might be able to have an afternoon nap!

(PS. Looks like the production company will be moving on the script early in the new year... how exciting!)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home