Thursday, November 22, 2007

Smells like team spirit...


I started a new Facebook group a couple of weeks ago: Gay Premiership Rugby Fans. I wanted it to be a forum for REAL rugby fans that happen to be gay and who rather than support amateur teams, support Premiership teams. The reason for this was not to say one was better than the other but rather, to get people together for matches, car pool, watch games in the pub and get some healthy discussion – and probably some sledging – on the go. The group has 88 members, and yes, unfortunately I know that some of those that have joined know f*ck all about rugby and have joined for novelty value but I think the vast majority are there for the right reasons. Discussion is slow i.e. there is none! But Facebook groups are ten a penny, so I think people are waiting for it to prove itself. I’ve worked hard on getting photos and videos uploaded to make it more interesting and for people to have a reason to come back. I’ve also started to post about games I’m going to, and others will hopefully take suit. It’s very cool to be doing rugby stuff that has nothing to do with my old club. Not that there is anything wrong with my old club, but it’s fair to say I got pretty burnt out and I think there are too many cooks... some cooks who don’t even know the recipe but there you go...

Anyway, it’s been a lot of fun. If you’re on Facebook, check it out. If you’re not currently a Premiership rugby fan but would like to be – join. That way you might get to go to matches you wouldn’t have previously. And no, you don’t have to be gay! I just felt that there were quite a number of fan groups, and it would be nice to acknowledge that there are gay fans too!

I’m still in bed – working, but still in bed. I usually work from home on Friday’s but I have training this Friday, which I’m looking forward to as much as I look forward to going to the dentist. I do have to rouse myself at some point today, the dog needs more food and I have to pop to the bank. Otherwise I would be quite happy just staying in bed all day :0)

This weekend, we’re having dinner with friends on Friday night, Saturday no plans as yet, but Sunday we’re off to see Wasps take on Newcastle Falcons at home! Cips vs. Wilko! Should be a great match and I’m very excited.

Right back to what I’m paid to do before I fall completely behind schedule!

(The picture is of course, Mr. Jonny Wilkinson. His main sponsor is Hackett and I love this picture. He does look handsome, although he probably won’t look this good on Sunday after what will probably be a very bruising match against Wasps!)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home