Thursday, March 27, 2008

Consult this...

Do you remember my railing against over-paid and under-qualified consultants? Well, the report from the one we employed is just in. It contained inaccurate information and the conclusions were breathtakingly obvious. But you can’t really blame the consultant, can you? If someone writes you a cheque for old rope, that’s exactly what they are going to get…

It was my second singing lesson last night, and it was fun. Actually it was frustrating but at the end it was fun and I managed to sing reasonably well. At the moment I’m still at the Eric Morcambe stage; I’m singing all the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order. I had my post-singing McDonalds and it was delish.

When I got home, we had a new cupboard to sort out. My in-laws are moving to the south coast and said we could have a rather fine pine cupboard that had previously been in their front room. It’s a massive thing and they arranged for it to be dropped off for us yesterday giving us much needed storage space in the bedroom. It looks great! We were musing that apart from white goods, a kitchen table and a new bed, we wouldn’t have much new furniture to buy when we move because we have bookcases, cupboards, coffee tables etc., etc. Plus we are asking for JL vouchers for our wedding, so that should help with the cost of things like washing machines and other necessities. That made me very happy. I’m always happy when we talk about moving. I’d just like somewhere where I can’t hear other people’s music and TV noise!

We’re off to the Smallholding and Gardening show in Wales in May. We can’t wait, although for some people the attraction won’t be immediately obvious, lol. We will be camping so I’m hoping it will be warmish. I’ve camped in the pouring rain and in temperatures below freezing and I’ve survived each time with a tale to tell, but I would be lying if I said camping wasn’t infinitely more pleasurable when the weather is warm and dry!

We did our diaries yesterday and things are a bit chocka. Not just the wedding and honeymoon (pre and post wedding!) but now; camping in Wales; weekends away with friends or friends coming to us for the weekend; one training course; rugby at Twickenham x 2; visits to family; lunches and dinners with various loved ones; one concert; one visit to a theme park and we need to paint the kitchen at some point and keep up with the garden…

I keep reminding myself that life is better when it's full :0)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home