Monday, March 24, 2008

Carrot cake

It’s a funny old day if you don’t like your job. Part of you is absolutely delighted to be off on a Monday... but part of you is thinking, oh bugger, work tomorrow! I however, have tomorrow off as well so I don’t need to do the ‘oh bugger’ part until tomorrow evening. So in the meantime, Pluto and I are watching The Longest Day (classic war film) stretched out on the sofa. We’re looking forward to tea and carrot cake shortly and then who knows... we went for a long walk this morning so we may not leave the house again today! My partner is in the garden but that seemed a little too energetic. (Although I may be tempted to plant some tomato and lettuce seeds later.)

I’ve put some nicely designed and laminated posters up in local parks advertising Dog Wise Training. It will be interesting to see if they work. It takes time for a new business or service to find where the best place to advertise is. A friend has one up in her book shop (because she is a dog friendly shop, often taking her own dog in, a lot of her customers also bring their dogs in) and I want to get one up in the local pet shop and cafe as well.

Anyway I’m missing all the best bits... enjoy the rest of your bank holiday!

PS. It was the last episode of Lark Rise last night, and what an episode it was! It's been such a fantastic series that we can't wait for the next one. We also watched the first part of Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic and then the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency which was incredible - and a fitting tribute to Anthony Minghella.

Now I think about it, it was no wonder I needed a long walk with the dog this morning, I had a couch shaped arse!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home