Thursday, March 13, 2008

What to do, what to do?!

Another big project on the horizon… I had a good but very technical website meeting this morning. The technical bits made my head hurt but we made a lot of progress. And I actually felt good about work for the first time in a while, so I was put in something of a spin to get an email asking me to attend a job interview! It would be a step up, slightly more money and is a very interesting prospect. There’s so much to consider that I’ve decided to consider none of it and just take one step at a time. After all an interview is not a job offer.

We had a friend over for dinner last night. We haven’t seen her in an age so it was wonderful to catch up over beer and good food – courtesy of the missus, although I will point out I chopped the onions, tomatoes and cauliflower. Our friend bought us honey vodka from New Zealand (she can come again) which I’m very excited about. Apparently it’s award-winning and there is a passion fruit and a kiwi variety too. Good enough to eat, well, drink…

What made us puff up with pride was she noticed how much calmer Pluto was, and how much more ‘in control’ he seemed to be. We are working hard on this aspect of his behaviour and to have it noticed made us feel good. Especially as I can’t exactly go into people’s homes offering to help them and their dogs if my own is a lunatic!

I realised last night that next weekend is Easter bank holiday so we have the Friday and Monday off, plus I get what is called a recess day (a local government thing I think. Because we are unable to receive financial bonuses we are given extra annual leave). I’m not sure what we’ll do; we went camping in the New Forest last year and had an absolutely fantastic time. We briefly flirted with the idea of going camping again but have decided to stick closer to home. Maybe a combination of day trips, lazy days and chocolate!?

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home