Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Vexing denim

Here’s a question, when you buy a new pair of jeans do you have to know immediately whether they are the jeans for you, or can they grow on you?

I have bought a new pair of work jeans. I specify that their work jeans because I’m less interested in them from a fashion point of view than jeans I wear outside of work. I also don’t like having to spend a lot of money on them. I have Firetrap jeans that were £90 but I really don’t want to spend that sort of money on jeans that will only be worn at the office. Although some of my colleagues do apparently think they work for Vogue, I’m painfully aware we work for a local authority…

I wasn’t sure I liked these jeans when I put them on this morning and I’m still not sure (although my partner says they look good). Some people swear that you know the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, the moment you see them. Other people say that’s absolute poppycock and piffle and that all really good things take time to build… is it the same with jeans? When I looked at my button fly this morning (in absence of a pair of eyes) I didn’t feel that these were the jeans I wanted to spend the rest of my life with so should I just give up or persist?

I’m a little annoyed that they’ve given me blue hands and thighs from the dye as well to be honest.

Now that the magazine is with the designer, I suddenly have time to think about life’s big questions again…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home