Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Stormy weather

Whilst some people may be counting the cost of yesterday’s storms (and some parts of the country are still being battered by storms) it’s fair to say dogs aren’t among them. Twice on my way to work I saw very excited dogs pounce on the fallen bounty from trees in the park.

A Labrador tried to drag half a tree back home with him but only managed about 20 yards before deciding that he may as well lay down and try and chew it down to a more manageable size. And then further up the road I saw the same thing again – a slightly less ambitious size but with the same affect on the pooch that decided it was put there just for him. Pluto enjoyed all the new smells in the park this morning, thrown up by strong winds and rain, and he was fairly distracted for most of his walk even when joined by his best friend who herself was distracted by the treats in my pocket…

I think I may have my first Dog Wise client. I’m not sure if I should be alarmed that he’s known as Evil Charlie by the family he owns, but I plan to chalk it up to experience! From the list of problems he’s presenting, there’s nothing there that I think I can’t handle. But if you see me with bandages on my hands then you know I was wrong!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home