Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Success!

I received two letters that brought good news yesterday. The first was from the Jury Service people. My service has been deferred! I discovered after I said yes I could do it, that I had a hospital appointment the day after I had to report for duty. I was also worried that I might get involved in a long case and I might not be able to get married! (Unlikely I know, but be fair, how often do you get married? If Joan Collins happens to be reading this blog, please don’t feel you need to email…)

I now have to do it at the end of September. Perfect! And can I just say how helpful they were. Both times I rang I spoke to polite, helpful, friendly people. And despite saying I could do it and then writing to say I couldn’t, it didn’t cause any problems. Which makes me even more glad to be able to do my duty at the end of the year – I do hope I get an interesting case!

The other letter was from Abbey (was that a sharp intake of breath I heard?!) It was a full written apology! They did a full investigation and concluded that their service had been poor and I had been let down on several occasions. They will be crediting £45 to my account to apologise, and obviously that’s great, but really, the fact that they’ve dealt with this and will presumably not be messing up in the future is fantastic and genuinely worth more than money. I think I might take the missus out for dinner. It’s not a great deal of moolah but it will nice to turn a series of small customer service disasters into a nice meal! Not even Delia can do that…

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home