Saturday, February 23, 2008

It pays to advertise...

We did a big grocery shop this morning. I wore my ‘pack leader’ T-shirt from the Dog Psychology Centre. It seemed to attract a lot of attention, but never more so than when we were unpacking our shopping. A woman came up to me and said, ‘do you work there?’ I was a bit nonplussed and she said, ‘the dog psychology centre, do you work there?’ I smiled and explained I was training but that no, I was not yet a qualified dog trainer or psychologist. She was very disappointed and explained she needed help with her dog. I was a little taken aback but she seemed desperate so I took the time to chat. She has a Japanese Akita (can you see me wincing? Great dogs but you need a lifetime's experience to get the best out of them – remember the more a dog looks like a wolf, the more it acts like a wolf.) The dog is showing classic dominance issues and I gave her my number and promised that at the very least I would get her some further breed-specific information. She was very grateful and it struck me that had I been unscrupulous and less responsible, I could have claimed to be some dog expert and be taking my first paid booking right about now. But I’m not training so that I can cause more problems; I’m training to hopefully make a difference. I hope she does call, and I hope I can help. Sounds like she has a lovely dog with a whole heap of problems that will get worse if not modified and corrected...

This afternoon, friends came round for tea and cake and it was a lot of fun. Not least because I haven’t really mixed with anyone other than my partner for a while and it helped that the cakes they brought were delicious!

Now I’m eating Thornton’s chocolates and watching the rugby and I fully expect England to run France into the ground. So far they are leading 10 nil and are absolutely rampant, so maybe I’ll get my wish :0)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home