Sunday, February 10, 2008

What's going on in SE26?

Last night about 10.30 there were a series of loud bangs – like fireworks, or dare I say it, gun shots. I think there were five or six in total. After which there were sirens (different types suggesting different types of emergency vehicles) going non-stop for about 20 minutes and then, the weirdest thing, a helicopter flying low over the neighbourhood – like it was searching for someone – for another 15 minutes or so and eventually it quietened down and I fell asleep... what happened? Was it a weird set of events which weren’t actually related? Or was there a shooting? I’ve checked the BBC website and apart from the terrible fire in Camden, there’s nothing to suggest there was a problem closer to home.

I seem to have got rid of my evil hangover from yesterday. I organised surprise drinks for my partner’s birthday on Friday which was a huge success. Lots of her friends turned up and we had a brilliant evening – she also got some great presents including the most stunning roses, the bouquet is called the St Ives appropriately enough (where we’re getting married), a very cool wind up LED lantern, chocolates, perfume and a bonsai tree! She was so happy and so was I but I paid for it yesterday. Let’s just say I didn’t get further than the sofa and could only finally eat something at 8.30 last night...

I’m hoping to be a little more productive today and I’m starting with the big pile of washing up that someone broke in last night and put in our sink. The swines!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home