Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just don't ask me the time

Well there’s a right old wind up our way. I’m only on the 2nd floor in my office in Hammersmith but you would think I’m on the top of the Gherkin the way the wind is pounding the window. Coming over Battersea Bridge the car was rocking from side to side and that wasn’t because I was singing along to Kylie either…

Apparently there is snow and all sorts on the way, but we could be in shorts by Tuesday. When we were growing up weather was consistent – well, more consistent than it is now anyway. Is my memory playing tricks? When the weather is mad I think; that’s global warming that is! And I think that because (a) it is and (b) I genuinely don’t remember the weather being so schizophrenic when I was a wee bairn. It was hot in summer; cooler in autumn, with crisp sunshine days and long evenings; dark and cold – often with snow around December and January – in winter; and then spring would come and the days would stretch out to summer with rain and the occasional chill but general quite mild and sunny. Is that just nostalgic nonsense? Now when people say, oh I must get my summer wardrobe out I think don’t bother, you’ll only be disappointed…

I’ve been terribly disorganised this morning; I left my wallet and watch at home, as well as an important letter I needed. It’s ironic because I gave myself a bit of a talking to this morning and said that I was going to work hard today and bring a project in a day ahead of schedule and I fully intend to do that but I’m just hoping that I haven’t forgotten anything else, like the project…

This morning I met up with two doggie friends and their owners (who are also very good friends funnily enough) whilst taking Mr P for his walk. So the humans got to chat and catch up on the gossip whilst the dogs got to run around, sniff things and chase gusts of wind…

Anyway, if I am to get this work done, I’ll need to get a move on!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home