Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday update

Two things I need to blog about are an excellent bookstore and an event called Seedy Sunday!

After the (Dulwich) farmer's market, which was excellent - small but with real variety, we went to Dulwich Village Books. As I mentioned in the previous entry my partner's mother had bought me a book for Christmas and it had finally arrived. I'd never been to this particular book store before, but I shall definitely be going back. It was really nice and we ended up buying four books as well as picking up my Christmas present. Apparently they have a great online service as well. We do have an independent book shop near us but the service is a bit crap and if you are going to reconcile yourself to paying extra to support local bookstores and independant shops generally, is it too much to ask for helpfulness and friendliness? So as I said, I will be definitely using them again and they had a lovely sign on the door saying, dogs welcome!

Seedy Sunday is not a post-club event in Vauxhall, but rather a seed fair in Dulwich; they happen all over the country apparently. You could either buy or swap seeds but we hadn't bought anything to swap so we bought two varieties of potatoe, butternut squash, runner beans, mustard and a redcurrant, blackcurrant and a blackberry bush.

And we've just had a friend over for tea (in the new teapot) and delicious spiced apple cake.

What a lovely Sunday!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home