Thursday, February 07, 2008

Fight the power!

I fought the law and won! At the end of last summer I got a parking ticket in Brighton. The reason given was because I had apparently not displayed a visitor’s permit – even though I had. Anyway, months later they have finally dealt with my appeal and cancelled the ticket! Yeeaaahhhhhhhhhhh people power!!

It’s my partner’s birthday today and I made her a cup of tea in bed and brought her her presents and I think she’s gone to work happy. I’m making dinner tonight – and doing the washing up! We’re going for birthday drinks tomorrow as well.

We have another reason to be happy; our wedding rings arrived yesterday. They’re so lovely! The jeweller included a little note wishing us all the best and hoping that they see us again sometime! Now that’s great customer service…

It hasn’t all been wedding rings and cups of tea in bed this week; I had to have a biopsy on Monday. I have a lump in my neck which is probably one of those thyroid nodule thingies but it’s quite large. (And no you can’t see it, so no point staring at my neck the next time you see me. Mind you, it would make a change from my breasts so knock yourself out.) It was a very stressful and painful experience. Not painful at the time, but painful afterwards. I have some internal bruising in my neck which makes it difficult to yawn, sneeze or cough, which is an arse because I enjoy yawning. It’s like a mini workout for my head.

It’s our chief exec’s last day tomorrow and luckily I’m working from home because I think it will be a very sad day indeed. He didn’t want presents but we had a whip round anyway and have raised several hundred pound which we’re donating to his favourite charity, cancer research.

This weekend, my partner is hopefully going shopping to spend her birthday money! And on Sunday I’m taking a friend to see Wasps take on Sale Sharks at Adams Park. And hopefully, England will stuff Italy!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home