Thursday, February 14, 2008

Make happy

I’m no better. In fact today is my worst day yet and yet I’m strangely happy. Against all the odds, nice things have happened today. It’s Valentine’s day: I wanted to get up early, make heart shaped eggs on toast and surprise my partner with her present. Instead she had to get up, make me lemsip, listen to me coughing and find her own present. Despite this inauspicious start, she loved her present and I loved mine and we were both happy. And if I can still be gorgeous with the worst flu I’ve had in years, I feel there is much hope in the world...

The other thing was a T-shirt that I ordered arrived. And it’s great and that made me happy too. Finally I discovered the music of Kate Rusby. She’s a folk singer and has a voice that would make angels dance. In fact I’m listening to her now and I am about to buy two tickets to her London gig in April. And seeing as I’m only ill – not dead – great music has once again managed to stir my soul and that, also, has made me happy. (And fact fans, she was born twenty days before me in that great year '73!)

So if I can find happiness today, there is no excuse for the rest of you. So go, make happy...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home