Thursday, February 28, 2008

We know it was you

As I was driving to work this morning I noticed a snot-green Nissan Almera. Two things made me wince (other than the colour) one was the kitten sticker in the back window (why?) and the other was the fact in big white stickers across the back windscreen was written ‘Follow me, I follow Christ’. Well, unless he works in Hammersmith, then no I won’t follow you.

I watched her driving away and thought if she is following Jesus then he clearly didn’t pass his driving test because she was a bit all over the place. Then when I crossed Battersea Bridge a biker pulled up besides me and he had a sticker on the back of his helmet that said ‘we know it was you’ and that made me giggle. The only other thing of note was I watched a bird fly overhead and it looked very much like its head was on upside down, which was quite strange.

I was also musing how expensive cars can be, because in the last two days I’ve spent £100 on ours. New windscreen wipers, professional clean, full tank of gas, new air freshener, and a new tax disk holder (the last two weren’t, strictly speaking, necessary, but the car is better for them).

I picked up the new printer/scanner/copier yesterday but I think I might set it up on the weekend because I was too busy yesterday and I’ve got lots to do tomorrow when I work from home also.

This weekend is car boot weekend – finally. My being ill knocked any thoughts of standing outside in the cold for hours at a time on the head. Our living room post-weekend will once more look like, well, a living room rather than a storage area for crap. Hallelujah!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:48 am, February 29, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Follow Christ" made me chuckle - I am just (avoiding) writing a call guide for a Christian charity, and quite frankly somewhat struggling to become inspired! Maybe if that lady catches up with Christ she could ask him to give me a call!
Also, the verification word today is DJ Kezxm - is he the Russian equivilant of Fatboyslim I wonder?!Rob :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home