Sunday, February 24, 2008

QUIET!

Our neighbours woke me up again last night. Luckily my partner slept right through, last night and the night before, but no such luck for me. This, despite wearing earplugs.

The owner doesn’t smoke and doesn’t want his friends smoking in the flat – understandable, except that they fling open the kitchen windows and spend hours at a time at the open windows talking very, very loudly and playing music. I hate that this is such a disturbance (you should be able to open the windows and have a laugh in your own home) but because of the design of the houses side by side, the sound is trapped and is much louder than if it weren’t bouncing off walls. He’s actually not a bad guy, and when I called at the end of my tether last night at 2.30am he was really apologetic (and has called back this morning to apologise again). But I’m just so tired and not yet well enough to just shrug it off. What’s worse is that after dropping my partner off at her parent’s house this afternoon, I walked back in and our upstairs neighbours were playing really loud music and suddenly I felt tearful and thoroughly fed-up. I want peace and quiet, but today it’s just not happening…

I’m buying an exercise bike. S’ok, you can laugh! (Is there a top five list of things you buy and then never use: bread makers, juicers, exercise bikes, those massive yoga balls…?) Anyway, seeing as my last consultant told me ‘really, you shouldn’t be walking at all with your knees!’ exercise biking is all that’s left if I want to get more of a work-out than just walking the dog twice a day.

I used to have one and used it all the time, and when I did go to the gym it was one of my favourite things. (Prompting the question, why don’t I therefore like proper cycling!?) I’m looking forward to it arriving and my partner also wants to use it so fingers crossed, it won’t be a white elephant but seeing as I do like being fit and want to be fitter, I’m fairly hopeful it won’t be!

Right, I need to make some fresh bread (in our breadmaker) and I might have a smoothie whilst I’m at it (using our juicer). Let’s hope the rest of the day is peaceful and stress free…

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home