Friday, March 07, 2008

Consultants

I don’t like consultants. Being a fair and reasonable woman I think there must be some good ones out there (law of averages and all that) but I have never met a decent one. Take today – and please feel free to take today – I had an appointment with a consultant and left feeling, frankly befuddled. Maybe it’s me. Maybe I’m too pedestrian and need to think outside the box but my general feeling was ‘you don’t have a clue!’ If I were not so tired and peed off I would be annoyed, angry even, that my time is there to be wasted and that our interim chief executive doesn’t see that bringing consultants in without involving the staff of that team or dept. is very wrong and will have the effect of scuppering what small bits of tattered morale we might still be clinging too. But as I said, I’m too tired (and busy) to think about that. I will merely muse on the stupidity of a world that feels unless it is paying a consultant too much money, they are doing something wrong…

One day I will be working for myself. And I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to manage without employing some half-wit with a limp handshake to tell me what I already know.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home