Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Chickens, singing lessons and a new job?

Last night I had my first singing lesson! It was fun and instructive. I have, apparently, a good ear and a nice tone. Get me! Although it is difficult after only an hour, and then only doing exercises, for a teacher to judge how good the voice is. I have exercises to do and I need to breath deeper. As an asthmatic my breathing is quite shallow and I need to breathe deeper, to give my voice better range and power. I’m a deep alto… in case you were wondering…

And then today I went for my job interview. I will find out at the end of next week whether I shall be called for a 2nd interview. I think it went quite well, but it’s so difficult to judge. I waffled on some questions and was bang on with others but as I haven’t done an interview in over 3 years I was pleased with my effort. The people that interviewed me seemed quite nice, but the staff were a little glum – no eye contact or smiles, which seemed odd.

We think we might be buying a chicken coop this weekend! How exciting! (I forgive you if you’re not excited – keeping chickens is not everyone’s idea of fun.)

It’s been a strange and exciting week so far and it’s only Tuesday!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home