Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Different route

I went home a slightly different route yesterday because traffic was heavy and I saw a motorcyclist who had been knocked off his bike and was in a very bad way. It deeply affected me – I’m still upset now. I wanted to stop and help but he was surrounded by people helping him (but thankfully not trying to move him) and several people were on the phone to ambulances. There was a lot of blood around his head and coming out of his helmet and his bike was completely wrecked. I didn’t see the accident, just the aftermath. I just keep hoping he is alright. I am a good driver but something like that really brings home how vulnerable cyclists and motorcyclists are and that even when you think you’ve checked before pulling out, you should always check again. Take an extra few seconds or cause an accident? I would have thought it was a bit of a no-brainer really.

It might not have been a car that caused the accident, it could have been anything but generally speaking a car vs. a motorbike means there’s generally only ever one winner…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home