Saturday, May 03, 2008

What happened?

Boris Johnson as Mayor of London. It’s like a sick joke – a buffoon at the reins of the greatest city on earth.

I am devastated. I may want to move out of London (even more now!) but I have my reasons; not least property prices, but I still love London. I was born here and I have lived here and it has given me some amazing opportunities. Clearly those who voted BoJo don’t love London. Clearly they don’t believe it equality, fairness, the spirit of opportunity, a cleaner environment...

You may not have always liked Ken, but I worked with him and his team on a few occasions (more with his team than him) and I found him fair, straightforward, honest, personable and hard working. He started his life in politics believing that only when everyone is treated with equality and given a fair chance can any society ever truly progress. He worked for the common man and woman hampered by a perceived lack of class and education and he stuck to his principles when all around everyone else lost theirs. Our only consolation is that whilst he may be down, he most certainly will never be out!

Oh, and the BNP have won a seat in the London Assembly as well.

What happened London? What the fuck happened?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home