Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Back to blogging...

Well, I'm back...

It has been over a year since I last posted. And in that time it's fair to say a lot has happened. The most devastating is that I lost my beloved mum to cancer on June 1st, 2010. I'm not sure I'll talk much about that on here. We are still struggling to come to terms with her loss. We miss her everyday and I suspect people think we've doing OK, which on some levels, we are. But the agony of her loss - so unexpected, so unfair has ripped a huge hole in our lives which my wife and I are inexpertly trying to pull back together. She was a truly remarkable woman, that personified dignity, grace and bravery. And to be honest, there's nothing I wouldn't give to hold her hand again.

We are still in Cornwall. So settled it's hard to remember living anywhere else really. We are getting a new bathroom and woodburner soon and re-decorating. We are very lucky to get lots of visitors! And friends have been quick to show their love and support since losing mum, which has meant the world to us. We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary with 26 friends in a local pub and over the course of just under two weeks, had 18 people visiting and staying - it was mad but fun!

The dogs are happy and healthy. Currently curled up at my side and on my feet.

My wife works locally now. She was working in London for 11 months after we moved down. She now works for a south west organisation that does cover the entire south west (flipping large region that!). But it is better than commuting into London.

I have just given up my job! Not many people I guess would do that without another job to go to, but it was the right decision for me. I plan to write, rest, work around the house, and when the time is right, get another job.

I'm just under half way through a children's book, one of the reasons giving up work. I just didn't have the energy to work and write. I plan to finish that by the end of October... no pressure then ;)

So, that's if for now. Until the next time....

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:22 pm, September 26, 2010 , Blogger mikeybaer said...

Welcome back to Blogging. So happy you're back, although so sad to hear about your mum. I hadn't realised.

Hugs to both of you.

Mikey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home