Thursday, September 23, 2010

R&R

I thought the best way to get back into this is to blog if not every day, then every couple of days, until it feels second nature again!

Today has been pretty lazy so far, I should explain. I gave up my job and the number one priority was and is to rest. Basically since we lost mum, we haven't stopped. Even rare time off has been filled with guests and activities, which has been great but we both basically got quite ill where we've been so exhausted. So, I left my job last week, and this week and next are rest weeks. I can do a bit of housework, run some errands, but not too much. And when I get bored and frustrated, I remember that the goal is to be strong and healthy again, not exhausted and ill!

This morning, I've been updating my diary with all our upcoming travel arrangements. We have a lot! And partly that's because we're trying to protect ourselves...

After you lose someone, you face a year of firsts; their birthday, Christmas, mother/father's day, your birthday etc., etc. so for mum's birthday which would have been November 5, we're off to Bath for three days. I chose Bath deliberately. I went a lot with mum and it's a city we both loved. And for Christmas, I didn't want to be with other family and I didn't want to be at home, so we're off to Wales for 8 days. Just to do something different. And then there's visits back to London and we're off to Venice early next year as well. I figured I needed to update the diary seeing as it's getting pretty busy again. We also need to fit in remodelling our bathroom sometime in Oct or Nov.

Even though I am taking time off - probably 2 or 3 months - I won't be completely idle. I plan to learn BSL and Italian, finish the book, do all the jobs that need doing around the house and possibly even get some sheep in partnership with a friend. So I'll be keeping fairly busy! Oh, and hopefully blogging too!

This weekend, we're off to the Cornwall Food & Drink Festival in Truro and hopefully, we're both finally well enough to take the kayaks out!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home